Please read over these 8 State prioirities. Take a minute to let us know how we might best address them.
You may submit your ideas through the email below.
There are eight areas for which school districts, with parent and community input, must establish goals and actions. This must be done both district-wide and for each school. The areas are:
- 1. Providing all students’ access to fully credentialed teachers, instructional materials that align with state standards, and safe facilities.
- 2. Implementation of California’s academic standards, including the Common Core State Standards in English language arts and math, Next Generation Science Standards, English language development, history social science, visual and performing arts, health education and physical education standards.
- 3. Parent involvement and participation, so the local community is engaged in the decision-making process and the educational programs of students.
- 4. Improving student achievement and outcomes along multiple measures, including test scores, English proficiency and college and career preparedness.
- 5. Supporting student engagement, including whether students attend school or are chronically absent.
- 6. Highlighting school climate and connectedness through a variety of factors, such as suspension and expulsion rates and other locally identified means.
- 7. Ensuring all students have access to classes that prepare them for college and careers, regardless of what school they attend or where they live.
- 8. Measuring other important student outcomes related to required areas of study, including physical education and the arts.